We hope that all of you had a great Valentines Day and got to spend time with your Special Valentines. Baby A and I spent ours without two Very Special Valentines, D & J. This was Baby A's first Valentines Day, so that made it extra special. D wanted to make sure that he was Baby A's first Valentine, just like he was J's first Valentine, so at Midnight he went in to her room, gave her a kiss and told her "Happy Valentines Day, Daddy is your first Valentine". I wanted to kill him for waking her up, but good thing she gets her sleeping habits from her dad & big Sister, cuz she quickly went back to sleep. D had to work on Valentines Day, so I got up early and made him breakfast before he went off to work. He had gotten Baby A and I flowers, and the girls and I got him his favorite chocolates, we had to send J her Valentine. 

Later that day I had to take Baby A to get some routine blood work done, let me tell you I don't think she is my child. She didn't cry, move or even flinch when they stuck the needle in her arm. I thought I was gonna pass out just from watching. =) She sat on my lap and gave them dirty looks the whole time and never cried once. I had to take a picture of the pink bandage they put on her arm afterward.
D had Friday off from work so we got to spend sometime together then. It was such a nice relaxing day. it snowed most of the afternoon, so we lit a fire and just sat back and watched the snow come down. It was very nice. Later that evening D and I went to a Marriage Banquet at church. It was a sit down Prime Rib dinner with a guest speaker giving us tips on how to "Building on the Strength of your Marriage", no our marriage is not in trouble, we are fine, but it is always nice to get tips on how to make it even better. And best of all FREE child care. This was our first "date" without Baby A, it was nice to be able to eat dinner while it was still hot. =) We actually went with another couple, Stephen & Mary. We had the best table and made friends with the other couple we sat with. It was a nice night.
Stephen & Mary
Greg & Michelle
1 comment:
Glad you took time out for yourselves. Let me know if you got any good pointers. :}
Post a Comment