Just thought I would give ya'll a quick update on D. D has been keeping himself very busy lately and it has been a long time since I have done an update on him so I am gonna have to go back a little ways. =)Oh no we aren't done, I told you he is busy and it's been awhile. Also in the last couple of months D has started a second/third job. He is now working for the local ambulance company. So far he seems to really enjoy it. He only has to work 48 hours a month, and the nice thing is it is scheduled and once it's done it is done. He is hoping that now that he is finishing up all his side work this will help us make things a little more comfortable with the bills and it won't keep him away as much as the side jobs do. Ill have to get a picture of him in that uniform because he just looks so cute in it. =)
With all that being said, you would think things would be slowing down a bit, but you have to remember it is D were talking about. =) Just this past week D started yet another class/certification for the fire department. He started TRT school for the next 5 weeks. TRT stands for Technical Rescue Training. He is one who will be trained in how to save hikers, and rock climbers, or people from the lakes and such. They have been teaching him how to repel this week, next week they head to Laughlin for Swift water rescue training the week after that they learn confined spaces rescue, so basically how to get people out of buildings that have collapsed. This class is so much different then the others he has taken. It is much more hands on a physical, he is loving it! I will do a post after the class is done and update you on it as well as post some pictures from his training so check back in about 5 weeks for that.
What the future holds for D. He is currently thinking about again, going back to school and getting his nursing degree. It would only take him about a year to get, and the pay raise that would bring to him would be huge! He really doesn't wanna be a nurse but would like to use it as a stepping stone to something else when he retires from the fire department. He has also recently bought a dirt bike (without telling me, oh he was in so much trouble!) that he hopes to have some free time in the future to use. I just wanna say how proud I am of D and how much I love him. Thank you so much for all you do for us honey. Well, I think we are about caught up on D, check back in a few weeks for more on his TRT class.
3 comments:
Man, that's a long update and a very cute picture of D. :} Glad he does so well in all of his classes but that's no surprise because he does well in ALL of his classes. Great job D!
Boy when I told the boys that they could achieve anything they desired with determination I did not mean for them to try and achieve everything. I too am proud of you D and what you have accomplished. I just want you to remember family time is the most important time anyone can spend. Love and Kisses
Oh I forgot to let D know the remodel job looks fantastic!!!
Post a Comment