Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

We are not big believers in Valentines Day, well we celebrate it but we don't go all out. It is always nice to stop and take time for the ones we love we love. D had to work on Valentines this year so we "celebrated" on Saturday. A and I spent Friday making Valentines & baking, it was lots of fun. We had a nice breakfast when D got home from work Saturday morning, did a few things around the house, ran some errands, then we took A mini golfing for the first time (ill post on that tomorrow), then we dropped her off with a sitter while D & I went to dinner and a movie. We really had a nice day & night spending time together.
I got an idea out of my Family Fun magazine (thank you Sara I love my magazine)that I decided to try with A this year. It was just a way to do something easy & fun for your kids for Valentines day. They said to hide __ # of Hershey's kisses (or any candy)around the house, then have the kids find them. For multiple kids hide multiple colors & they have to find their color. I decided to hide, well place 6 kisses around the house for A to find, she had a blast and especially loved eating them. Of course i also made it educational, she had to count them and tell me the colors she found. We also have a rule she can't eat a kiss without giving Mom a kiss first. =) I think this will be a tradition we keep.
We hope all of you had a great Valentines Day. D surprised A & I with flowers
"I found a red one!"
She found all 6 kisses
The best part...eating the kisses.
My Valentines Card from my honey. It is so perfect for us!
Our Love Was Meant to Last
I love you, and I love that you care about what we have together. I'm glad we're not the kind of couple who takes each other for granted. And that has a lot to do with you. You compliment me, ask about what matters to me...you show me in so many little ways that you care. I'm so happy we've never gotten too busy to make time for "us." We've had rough patches, but we've worked through them. We've had smooth stretches and enjoyed them. And we've never forgotten what brought us together in the first place- a love that was meant to last.
C. Hawkinson

No comments: