Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Little Scare

So last week A and I came home from the movies to discover that our back door had been broken. We immediately got out of the house and we called our neighbor to come over and check things out. He 'cleared' the house, it didn't appear that anybody had been in the house or that anything was missing so we went out side to see if we can find what broke the back door. Again we turned up nothing. A little bit after he left I noticed A's play house wide open (which was closed up when we checked the back earlier) and her stuff kinda thrown around. My heart started racing and thought to myself someone was in there, and left while I wasn't paying attention. At this point I called the cops. They came out a little bit later and confirmed what I had been thinking. We came home and scared a possible robber away. It appeared that they used a piece of fire wood to break the door, and because I came home while they were trying to get in, they didn't make it all the way in nor have enough time to get away so hid in A's playhouse till the coast was clear.

The cops did say there have been a serious of break ins in the area. They have been non violent, and are usually taking place during the day while people are not home. Needless to say I have been a huge scardy cat especially with as much as A and I are alone. We haven't been spending much time here, especially at night. Thank you so much to our neighbors who have been letting us stay there while D is away until we feel more comfortable again. This never would have happend if Maq were around.



No comments: