Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Snake

No, we didn't get a pet snake but the other day we were outside playing and the little boy Arlo I babysit, goes "ooo snake look" and when I looked I almost died! There was a huge snake less then 5 feet away from where the kids were playing. He seemed to be a very mellow snake, he was about 5 to 6 feet in length. We sat and watched him slither around the yard for about 15 minutes. When the boys' parents came to pick the kids up we told them about the cool snake we saw, he told me to email him pictures and he would find out from a colleague who is a herpetologist what kind of snake it was. This is what the colleague said: "How lucky you are to have such a beautiful Gopher Snake at home. This is a harmless snake that can be really effective preying on rodents. It is a popular "pet snake". I hope you see it again!!" I am not sure we wanna see it again. =)



3 comments:

LoRi said...

I would have crapped my pants, had a heart attack and then put my house up for sale. I HATES SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma Cyndy said...

There is no way I would have even watched the thing. I bet Dan about freaked when he heard about I know his love for snakes. Keep the kids away from it.

The Olson Family said...

Ewww, gross!