We have had some recent changes in my home daycare. As of the beginning of August, I lost Arlo...to kindergarten. We are very happy and excited for him to start his new adventure into real school. Although it brought some sadness for us. Ashley misses him dearly and now that he is gone, I lost 1/2 my weekly income. So I re-posted an ad on craigslist, looking for another kid to replace Arlo. I got a call and met with a family who has an 18month old little boy, Lain and a 9 year old little girl, Desiree. We seemed to kick it off pretty good. The day after visiting my brother we began our trial run at it. I have Lain Monday thru Friday from about 6:30 am until about 4:30. Here in Chino our public schools have no school on Friday, therefore I will have Desiree on Friday's, half days and no school days. So far it is working out well, these early mornings are kicking my butt and having two toddlers keeps me on my toes, but overall the experience is going good. I do still have Zeno 3 days a week. After Labor Day, I plan to start a home school program with all four kids, I am going to do "Your Baby Can Read" with Allison and Lain and I am trying a new home school curriculum from Calvert School, with Ashley and Zeno. All keep you posted on how things are going, but just wanted to take a minute to introduce you to my new kids. =)

Lain

Desiree
The kids having a Tea Party
for the most part these two get along really well.
mmm nothing like a popsicle on a warm day
No comments:
Post a Comment