Wednesday, April 16, 2008

National Cheer Competition Update

J competed in her last cheer competition for the season this past weekend. The competition was held in Anaheim, California and WOW, what a weekend, and what a competition. This was a National cheerleading competition, so there were hundreds of teams from all over the US at this competition, it was huge. Teams started competing at 7 am and didn't finish until 10 pm. Ok enough with the details, let me tell you how J's team did. First off there were four other teams in her division, and they each competed twice, the scores were averaged to choose the winner.


Day 1: J's team looked really good, had an awesome performance, but also had a couple little fumbles. After day 1 they were in second place but not behind by much.
Day 2: J & Team Aspire showed up to take home that first place trophy. They were AWESOME!! I know I have said it before, but let me tell you they were spot on perfect! It was so awesome to watch, the smiles on their faces were so genuine, you could tell they knew they were doing awesome. Unfortunately the team that was in 1st place after the first day, came out and performed another great routine. It was gonna be close. It came down to a 3/10's of a point difference between 1st & 2nd place. Team Aspire took home a 2nd PLACE TROPHY AT NATIONALS, that is AWESOME!! They were all so excited, the trophy was huge! (as tall as me) More details, D drove in late Friday night, when he got out of class, and Grandma C flew in with me and A Friday morning to help out with A. Aunt Cece & Dwayne, Cousins Jeremy, Lori & the kids, and Tahana, Kasey & Ryan all drove down from the Bay Area Friday afternoon to come cheer J on. I felt very fortunate that I had the opportunity to work at the competition. I was in charge of the backstage warm up areas. It made it nice, because my airfare, hotel and food was covered for the weekend. But man am I getting old, it has been a long time since I have worked like that. Thank you to all who came to cheer J on, it meant a lot to her.

J's Cheering Section

A helping mom roll up the mats at the end of the competition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome time. J was fantastic and beaming when she hit her spots.I think A and I finally said, Ahh let me help with the last of a long competition. It was a great time and I too thank everyone for coming and M for inviting me to take care of A and D for his patience. Love GC

The Karg Family said...

Way to go J!!! Congrats. Looks like a great weekend.

The S Family said...

so bummed I missed it, it looks like you guys had a great time! what an experience!!!