Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Labor Story

ALRIGHTY....WE ARE BACK!!!!

Sorry it has taken us this long to get these up. I will have a ton more to post, so check back soon for more pictures and stories.

If any of you are like me, you are nosey and wanna know all the details of everyones labor and birth. So instead of having to tell it 100 times over, I will post it on here for you all to read at once. =)

It's Saturday, April 24th, about 6:30 in the morning, Dan has just left for work and I decided to jump back in bed for just a little bit longer. Right about 7 am I felt like I was wetting the bed, but knew that I wasn't so I quickly jumped out of bed and as I got to my feet I felt the big goosh, crud, my water just broke. I quickly picked up my phone to call Dan and tell him. He was just arriving to the fire station, he told me to hurry (since Ashley came so fast we weren't sure how long we were gonna have) call the neighbor and meet him at the hospital. I called my neighbor, Jon and started to get a bag packed and myself cleaned up. Meanwhile, Ashley woke up and wanted to know what all the fuss was about, by this time Jon was at the front door and was a huge help getting Ashley and her things ready for me. As I am trying to make all the necessary phone calls, Dan calls me to say that he is just down the street, he made it home from work in Williamson Valley, easily a 30 min drive in 18 minutes! I was still trying to gather stuff when he got home. At this point, just like with Ashley, I am still not really having any contractions. We finally arrive at the hospital about 8:15, we get checked in and in our room and because of how quick Ashley came they immediately start getting things ready, just in case. They check me and I am at a 1, a 1, that's what I was at at my Dr's appointment just 2 days before that, dang! Ok lets walk, I knew walking would help get things going. Sara was the first to arrive to the hospital, then Dan's mom Cyndy, and my Mom right behind her. YAY, everyone made it this time. We walked and walked and walked, slowly the contractions started to come and pick up strength. about 11:00 they checked me again, a 2, guess what time to do some more walking, so we walked. By this point my contractions were coming really good and were just a couple minutes apart and lasting about 1 minute long, they were becoming so strong that they were making me feel nauseous, I had to go sit down. As hard and fast as they were coming, I thought fore sure we were making good progress, so at 12:35 I asked to be checked again, I was so afraid to hear 3, but thought fore sure we were moving right along. She checked me and sure enough I was a stinkin' 3! I thought I was gonna die! At that time I laid my head back and closed my eyes and thought to myself, how am I going to do this, the pain was getting stronger and I wasn't sure how much longer I could do it without any drugs, I knew I did not want an epidural, but was open to something else. As I laid there thinking/zoned out the contractions just kept coming it was about 15 minutes after they checked and said I was a 3, that I all of a sudden felt the urge to push, everyone said no Melissa your at a 3 you'll hurt yourself, so I continued to just focus on my contractions and how I was going to make it through this, again about 5 minutes later, I told them I had to push, they talked me out of it again, so again I focused. My next contraction came and this time my body convulsed making me kinda push and let out a scream, I had a terrible burning feeling, I HAD TO PUSH! At this time my Mom and Dan looked at each other then told Sara to go get someone. The nurse came in lifted the sheet and said were having a baby theres her head and ran out to find a doctor. Two pushes later and she was out!

I just want to thank Dan, my Mom & Sara for all their help, they were wonderful coaches and did a great job at keeping me strong and focused. I also want to apologize to my mother-in-law for sending her for lunch and made her miss the birth of her 4th grand daughter. I love you all and am sorry if I was mean or said anything mean in anyway.

Me & my honey
Walking
My Mom
My Mother-in-law, Cyndy
My best friend, Sara





No comments: