Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9/11 Freedom Ride and Remembrance Event

We had a pretty big September 11th event go on here in Prescott. For the weeks leading up to it, I was pretty busy, getting donations for raffle items and prizes for the poker run. We started at 7 am with a poker run. I worked stop #2, cars and bikes would pull in, draw a card, we would mark it on their card and make sure they new where stop 3 was. After all the bikes came through our stop we headed up to York Motors, where we sold shirts, and let the riders draw their 5th poker card. From there, there was a Police, Fire & EMS escorted procession into downtown Prescott, it was AMAZING!! If you could have seen all the vehicles in it, it was so cool. Once arriving downtown there were all kinds of festivities taking place. Including a remembrance ceremony dedicated to all those lost in the horrific event that took place on September 11, 2001.
The Event Flyer

Me, Andrea and Dawn
the girls at stop 2 =) Waiting for the procession
Ashley was so excited to be in the procession and of course fell asleep just before we pulled out.
this was the view in front of me
Mark & Lisa
Jay & Shelley
This was the view behind me...look at all the bikes it was so awesome.
All the bikes and cars n the procession filled the whole street

My handsome honey



Be sure to scroll down and mute the music before pressing play.

1 comment:

Victoria Valencia said...

Beautiful! Simply AMAZING! 9/11 affected, not just New York City, but the whole country...no....the whole world. There has been so much change since that horrific day. I am so proud when I see Americans involved in stuff like this but I know how truly blessed I am when I see my Son-in-law, my daughter and the city of Prescott put on events like this. God Bless You!