Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Baby Bates Update

We would like to take a second and say thank you for all the nice comments, emails and phone calls we have received since sharing our big news with all of you. So THANK YOU, we really appreciate it.

Now to answer some of the questions we have heard from many of you. How and why we waited so long to share the news. First off, we like to wait till after that first trimester (12 weeks) to make sure everything is ok. Once we heard the heart beat and made it in to the "safe zone', we were pretty sure everything from here on out was probably going to be ok. The other reason why we didn't share the news so soon is, we did have a small chance the baby wasn't going to make it. I had gotten a mammogram before I realized I was pregnant, exposing the baby to radiation. Although it was a small amount and for the most part localized to my chest, and less then 6 weeks pregnant, they said we were probably ok, but they wanted to make sure. Because we weren't very far along we weren't able to hear the heartbeat or detect movement so we had an ultrasound to check things out. Turns out the baby is fine, has a nice good, strong heartbeat and was very active on the screen. All organs (from what we can see at this "age") seemed to be fine, and it had all its limbs. We were so relieved once we got this news that we immediately started getting ready to tell the family.

The next question I wanna answer is how I have been feeling. Well, now I am feeling better, but earlier I was sick, very sick. As a matter of fact I lost 8 lbs my first month. My Dr was concerned because at the time I couldn't even keep water down, I was so sick I was even vomiting blood. Once I got some medicine things seemed to start getting better. I still have my moments but I am not sick all day everyday anymore. Thank goodness! This is so new to me, I was never sick with A, not one bit, so this took some getting used to, if you can really get used to it. =)

Next question is the sex of the baby. At this time we are not sure if we are going to find out the sex of the baby. As you know we did not find out the sex with A, it was a lot of fun listening to all the wives tales and what everyone thought we were having. It was a nice surprise when she came out a girl. We already have all the necessities the nursery is already neutral so really we don't need to know. After all it is one of the only real true surprises left in life. On the other hand, I am wanting to do some "spring cleaning", I would like to know whether I can get rid of all the old pink clothes or if I need to start washing them. I will be 20 weeks January 3, so we need to make a decision quick because our Dr plans on scheduling our ultrasound sometime around Christmas. So what do you think should we or shouldn't we find out?

Here are some of the first pictures of Baby Bates
Our little alien. =)

Baby Bates has its back to us in this one
Great shot of its back/spine

No comments: