Monday, November 23, 2009

Telling the Bates side of the Family

We decided the perfect time to tell everyone that we were expecting again would be when they all came up to celebrate Thanksgiving. As you read in previous posts we had great Thanksgiving with the Bates Family. Our Plan was to after we got back from taking pictures J would changes A's shirt so she wouldn't get her nice one dirty at dinner. Well A fell asleep after pictures, so we carried her in and let her sleep. We went a head and had our dinner while she slept. I finally had to go in and wake her up, I didn't want her to sleep too late. I changed her shirt, but she was so mad that I woke her up, she wouldn't leave my arms/lap for a little bit. If you haven't figured it out yet I made A a shirt to tell everyone, we were just gonna put it on her and see if anyone noticed it. We thought for sure Aunt Lori would be the first to notice it. Here's the shirt. It says "Soon to be... Stuck in the Middle"
The Back had 3 little stick figures holding hands with each of the girls names under them and Baby Bates under the baby stick figure.

Well, A had this shirt on for a couple hours before anyone noticed, Uncle Dave & Grandpa Jim even read the front of the shirt out loud! =) Alyssa was the only one who really noticed it, she asked me what it meant I said I don't know what do you think and smiled but she never went anywhere with it. I guess she was bugging J about it in the room too. Eventually Alyssa asked her Uncle D what it meant and he said lets go see, hat made the scene then everyone got it. =) Everyone was very excited.
One more thing, I guess Dave & Lori were talking about me when they went to bed, Dave thought I was getting fat and Lori said no I bet shes pregnant, Dave said I don't know shes getting a little belly on her, gee thanks DAVE! =) Lori said I bet they tell us tomorrow and she was right.

2 comments:

The Olson Family said...

How cute is that shirt

Grandma Cyndy said...

We can't wait to have another grandchild to spoil.