Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter 2011

We had a very nice Easter and hope all of you did as well. Due to Dan working on Easter Sunday the Easter bunny made a special trip down on Friday night to leave the girls their baskets. Ashley woke up Saturday morning and was so excited to see that he had come. On actual Easter, Dan got up and went to the 6am sunrise service before heading to work, he says it was an amazing and beautiful service. The girls and I got up and headed to church as well, I have mixed feeling as to how it really went. It was no doubt a beautiful service, but I did not get to fully enjoy it. Our church was doing a HUGE Easter celebration, all over campus there were tons of things to do to celebrate the Resurrection, with that being said there was no child care and Allison was not being cooperative in the service. We did walk around and got to go through an old marketplace and see and pet all kinds of animals, goats, sheep, raccoons and snakes. They also had an amazing "Hunt for the Truth" Easter egg hunt. We did not stay too long, it was very cold and windy but overall we did enjoy our time at church. From there it was a quick stop by the station to see Dan then home for naps so we could get to our neighbors house for an Easter Egg hunt and dinner.
Easter Bunny Came!
Getting ready for the massive egg hunt at the Curry house. It was Ashley, Reece, Michaela and Allison hunting 450 eggs!





Ashley was the big egg hunt champion finding 218 of the 450 eggs, WHOA baby! I think we got more candy out of all those eggs then we did last Halloween. =}

Once the sun went down, Jon busted out the sparklers, the kids just had a blast!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I know how it can be trying to corral the kids and enjoy the church service at the same time- seemingly impossible!

Anyways, glad to hear you had a great day...have fun in the weeks to come, toddlers and candy...I shudder!