M Goes Back to Work
I have really enjoyed being home with Baby A for the last 10 months. We are truly lucky that we have had the option of me staying home and raising our baby girl the way we want, with our values, morals etc. Unfortunately, with me no longer working our financial situation has become "tight". To help us out I have looked in to a couple job opportunities, something that I can do to help bring a little extra money in, and still be a mom. I tried looking into work from home type jobs, but that didn't really lead anywhere. Then I was offered an AWESOME PE position through the county, I would be in charge of teaching PE teachers all over the county the correct way to teach PE-great opportunity for my career, but not for our family. I just wasn't ready to head into a full-time position, stop nursing, put Baby A in day care, and all in two weeks, so I turned the position down. Then I looked into a couple gymnastics coaching positions, what fun that would be. But they only paid $8 per hour, it was gonna cost me $7 per hour to have someone watch Baby A the nights D had to work-I would be loosing money if I took one of these positions. I needed something with a flexible schedule, somewhere that would work around D's work schedule so he can be with Baby A when I am not. Well, that lead me back to OfficeMax. For me it is an easy job, I make good money, and they are willing to work with D's work schedule. I started back this past Wednesday, and it was like I never left, I guess after being there 11 years then taking 10 months off, I kinda didn't leave. =) The plan for now is I will work two evenings a week (5-9), and two weekend days a month. The money I make will be for date nights, for extra spending money etc. It works out great all around, it gives us a little extra cash, me time away from the Baby and D time with the Baby. Keep me in mind for all your printing needs. =)
1 comment:
I am happy for you guys and now D gets to see what it is really like taking care of a baby. As for the printing needs, I have something ready for you next time you come down. :} See you soon
Post a Comment