On May 8th a portion of our Historic and Famous Whiskey Row caught fire. The fire was started by a faulty appliance in the BBQ restaurant. Thanks to our great fireman the fire was contained to just one building, but damaging three businesses. Yes, Dan was on duty that day and was one of the 1st engines on the scene, even if he wasn't on duty they called everyone in for it. These pictures are not mine, I gathered them from a couple newspapers, news stations and firemen, I was trying to be a good wife and stay home and not be a looky loo in the way, later I found out Dan wished I had gone down there, I'll never win, lol. 

If you look in the center of this picture you can barely see a fireman, that is Dan. =) Isn't that such a cool picture?
Sorry these got a little out of order...the girls and I went down to see the damage a couple days later, everything was boarded up so we really couldn't see anything, but all of downtown still smelled like smoke.
This is the damage done to the roof. The fire started in the attic and with the three business sharing one attic space, they were all doomed.
This is my honey too
Thats also him on the ladder the 2nd one down
Yup there he is again
We are so thankful the fire was contained to just the one building. Whiskey Row has a lot of special memories for lots of people, including us, that's where Dan proposed to me at. =)




















No comments:
Post a Comment