Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Baptism

On Saturday September 20th D and I were baptized. Let me just tell you how the Lord spoke to us that night.


D and I had attended a marriage workshop at church earlier that day. When we got home D left to go do some of his errands. Before leaving we had made plans that we would be attending church that night. It started to get close to the time that we were gonna need to leave for church so I called D to see where he was, and he was still in town, thought church started at a different time. He then said for get it lets not go. I said ok and we hung up. About two seconds later, he called back and said "something is telling me we need to go to church," he said meet me at church, so I grabbed him a change of clothes loaded A in the car and we were on our way.

Once we got to church we were studying the book of Matthew, which talks a lot about baptism. At the end of the service the Pastor said if the Lord is speaking to you and you would like to be Baptized come over here and meet with the Pastors. D and I lowered our head in prayer and we then both looked at each other and said let's do it. The cool thing was this wasn't planned, we had no idea thats what was calling us to church that night, we were also Baptized by Pastor Scott, who dedicated A in May. It was awesome to do it together as husband and wife. We have had some strugles and the more we turn it to the Lord the easier it seems to be, this was the right thing for us to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~Congratulations~

Victoria Valencia said...

I am so proud of you two! Congratulations! The pictures are beautiful.