Chief Brad Malm was laid to rest on Saturday, March 7th. I don't think words or pictures could ever describe how awesome this funeral was. To see how all the area fireman, and the community came together, for this was amazing. There is such a brother hood and camaraderie that I am so blessed that D is apart of. The service was beautiful, I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. D and the Honor Guard did a fabulous job with everything. The service started with a huge procession that went all through town and ended at the lake with bag pipes playing Amazing Grace, a trumpet playing taps and even a helicopter fly by. All I can say is they better find a miracle pill for D to live forever, because no matter how beautiful of a service it was, there is no way I will be able to go through it for D-way too hard. Here are some pictures from the funeral.
Driving into the lake you had to pass under the fire truck ladders
The procession entering the lake
This is the truck that carried the casket through town
The Honor Guard removing the casket from the fire truck


The Honor Guard removing the casket from the fire truck(D is the one in front on the left)


Fireman paying there respects
Folding the flag
Presenting it to the family
Look at all the fire trucks
More fire trucks



1 comment:
What a wonderful tribute! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment