Almost everyone remembers where and what they were doing when the plane hit the twin towers on that terrifying day. I sure remember. My mom called and said "Melissa wake up, were being attacked". At first I wasn't exactly sure what she meant, I didn't realize how serious the situation was until I turned on the TV, thats when I first saw those terrifying images. It was then when I realized the world would never be the same. As I watch people jumping to their deaths, moms crying out for their children, and strangers holding each other in absolute fear, my self center world shattered and all I could think about was my fellow Americans who were suffering. In reality we all suffered that day. In the days and weeks to follow America united. We became stronger then I had ever remembered. Now eight years later, in the midst of political controversies on medicare, taxes, immigration, I see Americans again choosing a side. Now don't get me wrong, I believe as Americans it is our right to be passionate in our beliefs and thoughts. But let us not forget that we are ONE nation under God. ONE people standing together against those who would threaten our existence. A nation is only as strong as it's people. As we remember the tragedy and honor those who have and currently are sacrificing themselves for our freedom, let not forget what is truly important. We are Americans!!!!!
1 comment:
Oh My God!! I am so choked up! Those memories are still so fresh in my mind. God bless us all.
Post a Comment