Friday, January 1, 2010

Baby Bates

We had our appointment with the high risk pregnancy specialists in Phoenix on Tuesday the 29th and wanted to let you all know how it went. I will start with the good news, we are OK! Myself & the Baby have been cleared that everything will be ok.

After lots of tests it was confirmed that I do indeed have a cyst on my placenta. The good things are it is a cyst and not a blood clot or other growth that is gonna take away any nutrients from the baby. The other good things are the location and size, it is right in the "meat" of my placenta and not near the top or bottom where it could either cause my placenta to separate from the wall of the uterus or possibly pop on the baby. It has also not changed size in the last few ultra sounds, so that proves that it is not growing. They said many women (1 out of 5) have cysts but they are not often caught because most of the is usually spent looking at the baby. The Dr also said that I will not even need any further follow up, yay, but also said that just from what she has gathered from my Dr that she will probably do a ultra sound in the third trimester just to make sure everything is ok. So we will see what my Dr says when I meet with her in a couple weeks. The cool thing is I of course got weighed and I lost 2 pounds, over Christmas, since my last appointment. =)

My appointment was awesome, it was long, they did so much to check everything with the baby, it was so cool! We left there very happy, with answers and very re- assured that everything was gonna be ok. We also got some amazing pictures of our new little WILD princess.
This is her looking at you
head is on the left
A profile view
A close up profile view
If you look just above baby's nose a little to the right you will see a black circle/hole, that is my cyst on/in my placenta.
Showing off her flexibility.
Her head is on the left she is looking up she has her toes touching her forehead.
Our third confirmation she is a GIRL.
Legs are spread see the 2 lines? That means girl parts.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so happy to hear everything is okay!

The Olson Family said...

I am so glad that everything is good! YAY for another girl