Saturday, December 19, 2009

Baby Bates Update

I had an OB appointment on Thursday so I thought I would let you know how it went. I am a little behind on belly pictures but I promise there will be some new ones soon. =) Baby is still doing good, still has a nice strong heart rate and I seem to be growing just fine. Now the not so good news. It seems that at my last ultrasound a couple weeks ago that there is something wrong with my placenta. They have found what appears to be a cyst, but they are not sure. What this means and what they think is that this growth on my placenta is going to start taking nutrients away from the baby thus causing it to stop growing. We have another ultrasound scheduled for this Tuesday (the 22nd), they are hoping to get a better look at what this growth is on my placenta. If they can not get a good view or determine what it is, I will be sent to a high risk pregnancy Dr & ultrasound tech in Phoenix the following week to see if they an determine what is going on.

Here are a few of the possible outcomes. 1) We could go and it could be nothing and we won't have anymore to worry about. 2) We can find out that it is something we should be aware of probably won't cause any harm but I will have to have regular ultrasounds to monitor it and the baby. 3)It could be something that they are concerned with therefore we will have to do regular monitoring of the baby, but if at any point the baby stops growing, they will have to take it.

Obviously we are hoping for outcome #1, we (I) are trying to remain calm and not think too much about it until we have some answers. Please keep us in your prayers and we will keep you updated as we know more.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I will be keeping baby in my prayers.

Andrea said...

Know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you and the baby. Don't hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING at all!
XOXO